Monday, April 2, 2012

Baby Talk

I'm not sure exactly when I made the transition of "adult" talk to "baby" talk but it has happened.  I can no longer talk like an adult. I cannot interact with adults. I have nothing to say. I cannot communicate. My neighbor tried to talk to me this evening about yard work and pets etc. I had nothing. No words.  


As much as I LOVE communicating with my babies in "their" language I have never felt more dumb in my entire life. My brain feels like mush.  Is it because I am staying at home? Is it because I don't read adult books anymore? Is it because I don't get out and socialize anymore?  I don't know what it is but WOW it's getting bad. 


Everything has a rhyme, everything gets repeated, everything has a song or tune and everything ends with -y.  Why? And you better believe I am the master of all noises - my 2 year old son wants everything to make noise so I do it. Fiction/non fiction, living/nonliving - everything makes a noise and I replicate it.  If it doesn't make a noise I magically pull something out my hat of tricks.  In addition to fire trucks, rocket ships, ambulances, cows, sheep, pigs and dinosaurs ... fish and butterflies make noise in this house. 


I wish I had a recording of myself all day long - no wonder I am going crazy!  Here are some examples:


(in the highest octave imaginable while Emerson is rolling over, sitting up, smiling, - you name it I say it) OH MY GOODNESS YOU GETTING TO BE THE BIGGEST GIRL EVERRRRR!!!!!  BIGGEST GIRUHL! YOU SO PRECIOUS MY LIL COOCOOCOOCOO! AH GOOGOOGAAGAA!


And here are some of my new vocabulary words aka the last 30 minutes of my conversation with Beckett - never spoken in more than a 3 word sentence:
Peepee, potty, potty-seat, potty-treat, poopoo, sit, stand, yes please, no thank you, jumpy, bouncy, hoppy, share please, boo boo, ouchie, oh no, SLOW DOWN,  I sowwy, wibbit, Barney? Elmo? Barnyard Dance, Brown Bear Brown Bear, Milk, Juuuuiiiice, Beckett's turn? Mommy's turn? Sister's turn? my ipad, twuck, balls, clean up clean up everybody everywhere,  powder-aaahhh, bath bath, LALALALLALA, I wead it - you wead it. Banky, where is banky? BANKYYYYYYY (blanky) 


I feel like I am taking crazy pills!! Am I the only one out there who feels like this?
Time for mommy to get some of mommy's "juice" and go night night. 

1 comment:

  1. I am no mother but I feel the same way and I am just a 7th grade teacher! Is there help for people who's life revolves around children's!?

    ReplyDelete