Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Time to weigh in...


I love this movie.  Thinking about this movie makes me smile.  I know every word by heart.  It also makes me remember a time when I was much smaller...

I have never really been "small"...it's just not in my genetics.  I am 5'9 and have always had DD's...thank you Ludacris for making up a song about them.  I have never been unhappy with my body until recently. Having several doctors tell you that you have the worst stomach stretch marks they have ever seen doesn't really bode well for your self esteem either.  Just throwin that out there!  (Using Mederma now.)

After I had Beckett the weight came off pretty quickly - I gained 40 pounds with him and lost 30 in the hospital.  After nursing the remaining 10 pounds came off by his 1st birthday.  

BUT when he was 13 months old - obviously - we got pregnant with Emerson.  I only gained 20 pounds with her so I was elated that the weight would come off faster. Wrong-o.  I only lost about 12 pounds in the hospital (8 lbs. 13.6 oz was her).  I was so bummed.  That whole nursing thing helping you lose weight - did not help me.  Granted we had a lot of family visiting and having 2 small babies at home-I was eating what I could easily grab. 

6 months later...I went to the dr. for a sore throat - still had 12 lbs. to lose.  I about fell off the scale - first of all it wasn't really necessary to take my weight for a freakin sore throat but ok fine.  I should have closed my eyes.  After that appt. with a recommendation to have my thyroid examined I decided that this was enough! I do not want to go back to the dr. again in 6 months to have my next thyroid exam and still have 12 lbs. to lose!  (Cysts on thyroid - but all benign - is functioning properly so darn it I can't blame it on that either!)

My mom has been doing weight watchers and it is working awesome for her!  The pounds are falling off and all she is doing is eating!  Crazy!  Go mom!

I need to put my "mommy uniform"  to good use....everyday I wear stretchy pants and tshirts because honestly it's the only thing that fits right now!  Ugh...

I am not at a milestone by any means but a small feat - I have worked out for 4 consecutive days and started each morning with breakfast!  I have never been a breakfast/morning eater but I realize that I have got to get my metabolism going in the morning....I am not a fan but I am going to try it and hopefully it works!   I need support and reassurance and motivation to keep going!!! I know I can do this and lose these 12 pounds!  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...do it for myself, my kids and my smokin hot hubby. 

I found some fun dance/booty shakin (holla)/ab workouts on You Tube that got me pumped combined with walking.  I have never been this sore - ever.  Even after getting stitches in my hoohah I was not this sore.  It feels amazinggggg!  Thanks for any advice and support.  Let's give this diet and exercise thing a go :) 

~xo Libby 


1 comment:

  1. I have been battling with my last 8 pounds that REFUSE to come off since B was born. Like you, I lost 30 pounds at the hospital and nursing helped alot but these last few pounds are killer. I have been running on my elliptical every day and it's getting me no where! Ugh...damn those size 2 girls who have a baby one day and can wear a bikini the next. Victoria's Secret I'm lookin' at you.

    ReplyDelete