Friday, February 8, 2013

I was a little busy in January....

So, it's February! I haven't blogged since December....woops! 

But if you want to hear my excuses we have been really busy :) 

January called for some new changes in the Routson household! We don't do resolutions. We do changes. Right, Neal?!

The first change we made was to a find a church that fit our family. Check. 
Thanks to my dear friend we have been attending Hope (A Good Place To Find Life) for 6 weeks and it is aaaaaaaaaaaamazing to say the least. It is very contemporary, awesome music, Neal feels welcome there, the daycare is fantastic and huge, AND the messages are moving beyond belief. Like, I have literally cried every single time we go there.  Amazing. 

The second change we I made was I decided that I really needed to do something about this weight loss problem that I was sick of dealing with last year!  No resolution to lose the weight, just change. Again, thanks to my supportive friend I joined Weight Watchers and have so far lost....are you ready....
9.8 pounds!!!!!!!  I have been going to the gym 3-5 days a week, combined with the points program (helping me keep track of what I am eating) the weight is f i n a l l y coming off!!! I won't "blame" Miss Emerson anymore - it's not her fault ;) Just definitely harder to lose it with the 2nd child for me!

The third change that I we decided was that I am going to stay home next year.  After 2 years of me teaching part-time and all of the different daycares, babysitters, daily changes, different schedules each day that we are DONE. I am very fortunate to be able to take next year off to just BE with my B & E.  I could not be more excited.  Of course it will have it's monetary & patience challenges but I am preparing now - taking credit card info out of my favorite online stores and unsubscribing from all my daily deals :( The sacrifices we make for our families.....It is what is best for our kids though for sure!

2013 has started out absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to see what else it will bring!!!!! Happy NEW Year from the Routsons!


It's going to be hard to beat this photo this year!! My favorite of my sweet babies so far :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment