Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Road Trip / 3 Day weekend!

Saturday morning Beckett and I had plans to travel to Fairfax to see one of my best and oldest friends!!!  I woke up to this and giant snowflakes!!! 



This was not going to stop us :) I was so looking forward to and needing to get out of Richmond and spend some time with just B. Luckily the snow turned into light rain and we were on the road at 9 am.  We stopped for gas and snacks before getting on 95 - Beckett was in heaven.  He literally said "This is SO fun!"  in the gas station after picking out teddy grahams and apple juice....too sweet.  2 hours later we made it to Brandy's!  


When we got to her house we hung out and caught up for a bit!  She looks amazing as always and Beckett and Olivia hit it off right away bonding over Justin Bieber Barbies.   We needed to get the kids out and play so we went to hades Chuck E. Cheese.  It was packed and humongous compared to the one here! Beckett of course got stuck in the tunnel slide, Olivia tried to carry him down :)  Then I had to regulate on some crazy kids whose parents were no where to be found.  After using all of our tokens on candy and 2 little toys we headed to Sweet Frog for some yummy froyo.  Brandy is doing the points also so we loaded up the fruit on ours and only used 2 points!!! 


Motion Game!
Racing Car!

Yummy!!!

Sleepover!


After a fun Target run (got some Eater basket stuff!) and Beckett calling the check out man his Grandpa we headed back to Brandy's to feed and bathe the kids!  We got them all situated with a movie and had lots of time to talk and talk and talk.  We probably could have talked for 3 days straight.  Love that we can pick up where we left off and it seems just as easy as it did 14 years ago!  After a bottle of wine and some Channing Tatum replay I headed to check on the kids and fell asleep ;) Sunday morning we just hung out until it was time to go! We will definitely be back very soon! Thank you cute Fernandes family for the hospitality!!!

We stopped by Unc Unc Jason and Aunt Nancy's in Arlington on our way out of Fairfax.  Great to see them as always!!! Their wedding is in June and I can't wait!!!!!  It's going to be spectacular! :) 


Beckett was so tired from his weekend of playing that he was out....the traffic was ridiculously slow on 95 so we had to stop in Fredericksburg to potty!! He is doing SUCH an amazing job with potty training! He didn't have any accidents all weekend and kept his undies dry for the long car ride.  We had some Joe's Crab shack dessert before heading home.  I really enjoyed my alone time with my big boy.  He is such an awesome kid and I was glad to be able to give him all of my attention for a weekend!  Emerson and Neal had a fun daddy/daughter weekend.

Monday, President's Day, we hung out with my mom and did some shopping!  We rearranged my bedroom, got new bedding and it looks really good! Thanks mom!  
I lost 3.5 lbs. this week at my Monday weigh in bringing my weight loss total to 12.4 lbs.!!!! SO excited my goal is so close!!! 

Monday night one of my friends and I finally got to see Safe Haven!!!  Josh and Julianne were such perfect actors for the movie!! There are a lot of details in the book that weren't in the movie but it was still very good.  She also gave me the sweetest card ever and it totally made me cry and I cried again sharing it with Neal...thanks friend!!!!! :)  



There are a lot of uncertainties and challenges with the year ahead but I am so lucky to have a wonderful family and supportive friends to help me along the way! 

This morning B came in our room at 6:15 and when I asked him to be quiet and lay down because it was still dark he turned to Neal and said "Mommy grumpy. Mommy not happy at all."  We all know I'm not a morning person....so we trudged downstairs and after I got my hot tea in Beckett ran up to me with a big ol hug and said "Mommy happy now!!!!!"  You bet buddy :) I really need to work on the morning person thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment