Saturday, March 17, 2012

Maybe next year....

St. Patrick's Day! 2012!  WOW!  Seems like just yesterday Beckett turned 3 months old on 3-17-10!  We snapped one of my favorite photos ever on that day. 



Cutest 3 month old ever right?  He had just started giving hugs (wrapping his hands around my neck) ....


I miss how squishy and sweet he was as a baby.  He was definitely a momma's boy!  
Since I had Emerson he has turned into more of a daddy's boy though.  I understand. It's hard for him to see me holding E, feeding her, talking to her etc. when he was IT, my one and only, for 22 months and 5 days. 

So, today we went to Saxon to get Mr. Flinstone fitted for new shoes.  He has some seriously "thick" feet as the saleslady referred to them. Neal called them fat and she said oh no no...they thick.  Ok lady, thick is apparently nicer than fat.  
Anyways, since he just turned 2 he is in a little tiny bit of an ornery stage.  
The lady proceeds to measure his foot on the foot measuring thing and he starts screaming NO!  In his defense she was older, "thicker", white hair and a crazy accent.  But then.....Beckett Adam Routson....PINCHED HER!!!!!!!! OMG-so mortified.  
What a little stinker.  

The worst part is that Neal and I couldn't stop laughing. 
She laughed too and said he had a good grip.
I reminded Beckett that we don't pinch....even on St. Patrick's Day! The lady was wearing green too....
Oh geez.  

We got his new shoes, the very patient saleslady gave him a yellow ballon (which he threw a fit over holding it) and we went about the rest of our day with a nice trip to the park, icecream, and dinner on the deck.  

At the end of the day, B climbed up on my lap and said "hugs mama" and wrapped my arms around him.  How could it not melt my <3?  I love that kid so much.  

27 months into life today.... and I am very thankful for every one of those days with a hug from my Beckett. 

Hope you had a nice St. Patty's and didn't get pinched by any 2 year olds :) 

~Libby

"hugs mama"


  


No comments:

Post a Comment