Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday (notso) Funday

 Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh (vibrating cell phone alarm going off) It is 5am.  I am already up, however, because this face ... 

decided she was going to be up at 10 pm, midnight, 2:45 am, and 5 am.  We finally went to sleep at 6 am and then my mother-in-law called at 7:58 (thankfully) and I am UP for the day!


So, I trudge downstairs to this face....

  
all up in the kitchen making ME breakfast!  My husband is awesome. Toast, Omelette, Awesome. While I was upstairs sleeping for 2 hours my husband was cooking. Awesome.

So, I say - I don't think I'm going to make it to 9 am mass. (It is 8:07).  Neal says he can just go and take Beckett. Perfect. Again, awesome. 
I get Beckett ready and Neal gets himself ready and out the door they go - in their matching olive pants, brown shoes and cream sweaters. I wish I had a picture. 

NOW here's my dilemma with Sundays....it might get a little deep here. 
1) Emerson never sleeps on Saturday nights.
2)If I don't get in the shower at 5 am I will never be ready for church.
3) I desperately want to get my children baptized but we have to go for 12 consecutive (key word) Sundays before we can enroll in the class. 
4) 2 children under 2 in church is no fun at all.
5) It is very hard for me to sit through mass without my dad and sister.  Growing up we went to church every Sunday as a family and dad always made breakfast on Sundays.  It's difficult for me not having that family anymore.  Sure I still have my mom, dad and sister in my life but it's not the same. :( I used to not be able to walk into church without crying - moving on! 

SO Dear God/Jesus ~ I apologize that I could not get my hot mess of a self ready today to join you in church.  I am not one of those women who can miraculously get dressed and do my hair and get my kids ready and wear perfect outfits and sit in the front pew by 8:45.  (not yet anyways) HOW ON EARTH do they do it????  Do they have nannies? Do their kids run around screaming, jumping off entertainment stands while the parents get ready? I just don't know but "getting ready" in my house is a challenging task. 

I am sure it is a sight to see with my mom, Neal and Beckett sitting together at church. 55 year old red-headed grandma, young hot dad, crazy screaming 2 year old.  What a sight. 


BUT  I truly want to thank you Lord for blessing me with a loving, supportive husband who goes to Catholic mass every Sunday with or without me (even though he's not Catholic) because it means so much to me to have my children baptized in the faith I grew up in.   Amen. 



2 comments:

  1. Neal is the BEST!!!! Love you! :) and your Blog xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two cents? I love your heart for your kids and your family and that you want them baptized. Great great goal. But give yourself some grace on getting there. And if you feel like a hot mess and want to go? Go. God will still like you if you're scrambling. And if you feel like a hot mess and want to stay home? Stay home. God will still like you on your sofa snuggling some of his best gifts. ;) Love to ya, girl! - Laura Kassner

    ReplyDelete