Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Where do I start? Jay-Z...

Am I really doing this?
Yes, Yes I am. Blogging is cheaper than counseling so I will start here.

This morning Neal told Beckett, "Mommy woke up on the wrong side of the bed."  Actually, Neal I woke up on the side of the bed I always wake up on and have for the past 6 years that we have been sharing a bed.

But, I know what he meant.  I was grumpy this morning and rightfully so.  Emerson woke up at 1 am for a bottle and I had 2 glasses of wine during the Bachelor.  Grumpy.

How would I get out of this funk?  Stay with me. 

A little dance party in the kitchen usually starts my day off right.  Just so happens that Jay-Z did the trick this morning.  If you know me, then you know I often refer to him as my "baby-daddy."  Sorry Beyonce, (I LOVE you Beyonce) but it's true. 

Anytime I was in the car (during both pregnancies) my babies in utero would immediately start kicking if I played his CD. They connect with him as well.

I am not sure if it's the head-bopping beats or the fact that my lips protrude 2 inches off my face when I hear his songs but I can't get enough of Jay-Z.  He is also Neal's favorite rapper so I don't think Neal minds.  After 40 minutes of "Ball so hard" (I used to think it was fall so hard) and "Big Pimpin'"  I am no longer "on the wrong side of the bed-mood." 

So, thank you Jay-Z for getting me out of my funk this morning.  I brushed the dirt off my shoulder and it's going to be a wonderful day!  

~Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment